Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
The Site Manager is responsible for working closely with the General Manager to oversee the day-to-day transfer station operations, including scale, waste handling, and recycling depot operations. This role also monitors compliance with safety and other regulations. Generally, the operation is a near 24 hour per day facility 363 days of the year. The location for the Site Manager role is Surrey or Coquitlam.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Ensure smooth operation of transfer station in accordance with the operating contract;
- Ensure the efficient handling of waste to maximize production in a safe manner;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks and goals are achieved to ensure safe and efficient operations;
- Establish and achieve budgetary objectives through resourceful and well managed utilization of resources, including labour, equipment, and supplies.
- Oversee up to 20 direct and indirect reports;
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to policies and procedures;
- Supervise the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of processes, procedures and programs to improve safety, productivity, and profitability of the transfer station;
- Support Supervisors to ensure that they are optimizing the efficiencies of their respective crews;
- Respond to customer service complaints and work with all employees in order to reduce complaints;
- Attend regular meetings with Metro Vancouver and report and respond to the operation of the facility;
- Present monthly financial results to senior management;
- Lead, conduct and/or attend safety meetings to maintain favourable working relationships among all employees and promote morale, productivity and efficiency; and
- Create and submit daily, weekly and month end reports to senior management.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset and is desirable;
What do we have to offer you?
- Prior experience in a supervisor capacity;
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A mindset that promotes a positive work environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization; and
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry is an asset, but not necessary.
- Competitive base salary; comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;