Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
The Coordinator, Executive Administration and Projects
provides high-level administrative support to the executive and senior operations management teams. The primary responsibility is to maximize management’s productive time by performing administrative functions (including organizing schedules and correspondence, handling personal arrangements, performing errands), analyzing documents, and preparing reports. This role includes working with other senior executives and may require occasional travel.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Business Development;
- Exercise a great degree of discretion;
- Provide organized and efficient administrative support, such as managing calendars and making travel arrangements;
- Collect, track, and analyze data information/data using Excel and other programs;
- Develop, monitor and track project plans throughout the project lifecycle using Gantt Charts and other tools;
- Facilitate successful delivery of projects and engage the correct levels to support the direction for the projects;
- Provide ongoing communication to key stakeholders to ensure that they are aware of upcoming deliverables and significant changes to the project status in a timely manner;
- Proactively identify and track project risks and develop mitigation plans to manage the risks;
- Helps generate cost estimates and conducts research;
- Review documents;
- Assist with preparation of presentations including written proposals, graphics, and electronic presentations (e.g. PPT);
- Interface with various departments on behalf of senior management to collect information and respond to requests;
- Apply appropriate discretion and due diligence to ensure accuracy when preparing and promptly completing all required documentation (i.e. reports, etc.) correspondence/communications, tables, charts, files, etc. video conferencing etc.); escalate issues where appropriate;
- Proficiently compose confidential letters, memorandums, correspondence and written proposals;
- Plan and manage the logistics of senior management meetings including schedules, agendas, information packages and minute-taking;
- Handle personal arrangements and errands;
- Coordinate customer appreciation initiatives, such as corporate Christmas gifts;
- Organize company events as required, such as holiday parties, staff tenure awards;
- Purchase and maintain inventory of corporate promotional products (pens, toques etc.);
- Order printed materials (business cards, forms, stationary, decals etc.); and
- Take part in other administrative duties and special projects as required.
What do we offer?
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management;
- A diploma in Office Administration or at least 5 years as an administrative assistant supporting a senior executive;
- Ability to make an impact, influence and achieve results with effective negotiation, problem-solving and communication skills;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Commitment to team skills development and ability to attract top talent;
- Ability to think strategically and possesses strong business acumen;
- Proven ability to stay focused under pressure, demonstrating resilience in challenging situations;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to cope with rapid change;
- Strong desire to elevate the performance of his/herself and the senior management team;
- Ability to foresee and plan for upcoming issues on behalf of the senior management team by being proactive;
- Ability to work on tasks without reminders or cues from the senior management team;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage own workflow;
- A "roll up the sleeves" attitude and highly detail oriented work style;
- Enjoyment in working with many contacts, such as various levels of staff, customers and vendors;
- Superior communication, writing, editing, proof reading and research skills;
- Flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities of the senior management team and a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent sense of discretion; and
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Attractive base salary along with Group Insurance Plan;
- A rewarding career in a Company with a mission to create environmentally sustainable communities;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role; and
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.