Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
The Assistant District Maintenance Manager is responsible for working closely with the Maintenance Manager, BC and Plant Manager to oversee the day-to-day maintenance operations. This role also monitors compliance with safety and other regulations. This individual will oversee the entire BC Interior locations which include Kamloops and Vernon.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Ensure smooth maintenance operation in accordance with the contract;
- Trouble shooting of processing equipment (mobile and processing);
- A hands on approach to fix equipment and minimize downtime;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks and goals are achieved to ensure safe and efficient operations;
- Oversee any direct and indirect reports, and contractors as required;
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to policies and procedures;
- Regulate, monitor and maintain required parts inventory
- Support Managers to ensure that they are optimizing the efficiencies of their respective crews;
- Conduct and/or attend safety meetings to maintain favourable working relationships among all employees and promote morale, productivity and efficiency;
- Create and submit daily, weekly and month end reports as required; and
- Do other pertinent maintenance job as assigned by the Manager.
What do we have to offer you?
- Red Seal or presently in a Millwright Apprenticeship Program or equivalent experience;
- Proficient in MS Office suite an asset;
- A mindset that promotes a positive work environment;
- Team player
- Must be flexible to work outside the regular working schedule;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization; and
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry is an asset, but not necessary.
- Able to travel within local BC Interior facilities when required (approximately 20%).
- Competitive base salary commensurate to the skill/expertise/experience; comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a regional team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.