Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and preventative maintenance goals are met ensuring that safe and reliable vehicles are available each day to meet operational requirements;
- Maximize fleet up time to allow the operation to fulfill its municipal collection contractual requirements on a daily basis;
- Oversee all work performed by contracted third party maintenance and repair vendors;
- Ensure accurate Preventative Maintenance scheduling and follow up is done, provide breakdown and vehicle status updates; oversee technical assignments for efficiency, training, and flexibility;
- Tracking downtime for all equipment;
- Assist with trouble shooting and solving of mechanical problems;
- Ensure productivity and work quality goals are met;
- Hands-on day to day active management and a strong presence in the yard overseeing mechanics and third party service providers;
- Managing activities against prescribed KPIs;
- Review and approval of work orders in a timely, daily manner focusing on accuracy and quality;
- Manage within budget constraints to ensure the long-term viability of the operation;
- Develop annual fleet life cycle capital plans based on user requirements and through analytical evaluations of existing fleet vehicles and equipment;
- Develop contract specifications for several fleet and equipment related parts and services;
- Maximize operational efficiency by leveraging the available fleet routing and fleet maintenance technologies (i.e. RTA) utilized by the company;
- Manage and review all warranty claims;
- Manage maintenance files to ensure MTO compliance;
- Manage and review reports using ASI fuel management system;
- Utilize GPS system;
- Spec and assist in purchasing new and used equipment;
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a truck fleet management role;
- 310T licence is considered an asset;
- Valid DZ license is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of heavy duty equipment/hydraulics system;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook);
- Experience working with GPS and RTA programs;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Experience with waste removal equipment;
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly;
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal);
- Willingness to work the required hours complete the job tasks;
- Accountable, dependable and strong integrity;
- Base salary along with a comprehensive group insurance plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.