Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Our Mississauga location is currently searching for Mechanics to join our team of Maintenance Experts. The 310T TRUCK & COACH MECHANIC will be responsible for diagnosing and performing repairs on all facility vehicles in a safe and timely manner. This position reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager.
Monday to Thursday- Afternoon Shift (2:00pm-12:00am)
4 Days a Week!
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer specifications
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain proper maintenance reports and/or work orders
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Must have 310T Mechanic License
- Must have a valid ‘G’ driver’s license/ Asset: Valid DZ license
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in Waste industry or similar industry
- Demonstrated experience with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic proficiency with use of computers
- Asset: Previous work experience in working with online preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Paid per the current Collective Agreement
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.