Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
: Halton Recycling Ltd / Emterra Environmental.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources. Our Mississauga location is currently searching for Mechanics to join our team of Maintenance Experts. This position reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager.
: 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.
Peel Operations at 1611 Britannia Road East, Mississauga, ON, L4W 1S5
Type of Employment:
Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Instruct apprentices
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Welding experience
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain proper maintenance reports and/or work orders
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Powered Equipment Repair Specialization: Hydraulic-operated working attachments
- Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization: Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering; Mechanical transmissions; Hydraulic transmissions; Highway vehicle tires and wheels; Brake system
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: Completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment repair is required.
- Some experience in the waste industry or a similar industry is a strong asset.
- A valid 310T Mechanic License or an equivalent certificate is a strong asset.
- A valid ‘G’ driver’s license is required
- A valid DZ license is an asset
- Basic proficiency with use of computer is required
- Previous work experience with online preventative maintenance programs is an asset
- Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding; Handling heavy loads up to 23 kg (50 lbs); Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Work Site Environment: Odours
- Personal suitability: Excellent communications skills (oral and written), dependability, reliability, judgment.
$32 per hour, as per collective agreement. 40 hours per week.
We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance after 600 worked hours of probationary period. Uniforms and boot allowance provided.
The position includes working 10 hours per day. Work schedule will be from Monday to Thursday, afternoon-night shifts from 2 pm to 12 am.
Apply by mail to:
1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org