This position must be familiar with and work in accordance with all legislated and contractual obligations, licenses and terms and conditions of Customer Service Agreements. This position reports to the Operations Manager and works in conjunction with external interest groups, the internal dispatch office personnel, hauling personnel and other Emterra locations to optimize collection activities, provide excellent levels of customer service and ensures that contractual obligations are completed in-time and in-full on a daily basis.
Ensures that routing is optimized, assigns personnel to routes on a daily basis, ensures that routes are closed on a timely and accurate basis, ensures that end of day driver check-in is completed. Ensures that the integrity of data in various systems is timely and accurate (RTA & Route Optix and GP). Ensures that fleet equipment is maintained and operable to sufficient standards of the prescribed PM program. Works with inter-company personnel to allocate equipment and schedule major maintenance downtime. Ensures route profitability of various lines of business. Ensures that communications are proactive with both internal and external customers and all service failures are followed up promptly.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Supervises dispatch personnel to ensure proper allocation of manpower and equipment so that operational efficiencies are maximized. Ensures proper routing demands to ensure a high level of customer service. This can include Re-sequencing and or re-routing customer pick-ups.
- Responsible for ensuring dispatch office is adequately staffed to suit the demands of the business. Ensures that dispatch staffs are adequately trained in operational systems to maintain a high level of integrity in data and information.
- Works with Operations Manager and the Fleet Manager to maintain equipment as per the published PM program and schedule major maintenance repairs to ensure trucks are in compliance.
- Responsible for internal reports for month end accounting purposes.
- Participates in monthly fleet financial reviews and annual budget process.
- Proactively communicates any service disruptions/failures to customers and ‘recovers” in the most effective and expeditious manner.
- Chairs periodic driver meetings, related to safety, operations or company programs in an effort to improve communications and create a positive “team-oriented environment”.
- Participates in the Recruiting, training, developing, supervising and evaluate job performance of direct reports.
- Set rules and procedures for direct reports to follow.
- Ensures computer tablets are issued daily to all the appropriate drivers and that the information entered by the drivers and staff is uploaded daily
- Computer literate. Good knowledge of Company Systems, including but not limited to RTA, GP and Route Optix. Able to organize data and statistics in excel spreadsheet format.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently, with the ability to turn negative situations into “win-win” situations.
- Ensures that all operations are within the guidelines of all regulatory agencies.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment.
- Develops a sound network of suppliers for parts, services and other supplies, appropriate to the needs of operations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial data with the goal of improving financial performance.
- Ability to be aware of and pay attention to details that affect operations and be proactive in offering constructive suggestions and taking measures and corrective actions to optimize operatons.