The Accounts Receivable Coordinator (ARC) is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations. The ARC is responsible for collecting on outstanding accounts and coordinating with internal staff to resolve collection issues, posting deposits and adjustments, credit checks and other accounting tasks as required.
What will you do?
- Conduct collection calls on past due accounts on a daily basis across Canada;
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments from our customers;
- Follow up on issues brought forth by the customer;
- Prepare accurate and up-to-date customer invoices;
- Make credit recommendations based on references and past pay performance;
- Reconcile customer accounts and process new customer credit applications;
- Respond to inquiries from customers and internal operating locations across Canada;
- Analyze customer payments to properly apply payments to billings;
- Prepare payment discrepancy reports and follow-up to ensure resolution;
- Provide support to accounting department staff in the performance of various miscellaneous tasks including accounts payable and journal entry processing;
- Prepare monthly reporting of overdue accounts and other miscellaneous reporting requirements;
- Set up new customers and maintain the customer master file;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
What do we have to offer you?
- Completion of post secondary education considered an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years prior accounts receivable experience;
- Minimum of 3 years prior collection experience;
- Proficient with accounting software such as Great Plains;
- A customer focused attitude and the ability to listen to customer needs;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- An positive disposition and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry is an assets;
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: email@example.com; 905-336-9084, Extension 1103; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.
- Attractive base salary along with Group Insurance Plan;
- A rewarding career in a Company with a mission to create environmentally sustainable communities;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.