Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
We are currently searching for 1 Full-Time Driver
to join our Cumberland curbside team
. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their route is completed on schedule and that waste/recycling is collected, transported and disposed of in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of a Class 3 motor vehicle (with air brakes);
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside or multi-residential waste, recycling and organics collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Rate of Pay
- Requires Class 3 with air brake endorsement;
- Must have clean driver’s abstract;
- Minimum 2 years working experience driving with required license;
- Full time position, the ability to work overtime on an “as-needed” basis, is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry or similar industry – an asset.
: Dictated by Union CBA
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to email@example.com and quote DRV-Cumberland - 001 in the email subject line. No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.