If you are an experienced, energetic and customer-focused administrative professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
- Provide main reception duties;
- Communicate with our Municipal Contacts as per operations requirements
- Provide main dispatch with drivers and plant supervisors using 2 way radios;
- Daily data entry including scale slips, route data, fuel logs and bank deposits as required;
- Handling customer inquiries with courteous, professional phone skills;
- Work closely with the applicable staff to ensure routes are completed and paperwork from drivers are correct;
- Working as part of a small administrative team that supports the Cumberland and Nanaimo operations;
- Assist with entry of each purchase and sale ticket in the scale system; which includes scaling inbound and outbound materials and direct drivers to appropriate loading dock or offloading area;
- Ensure weights of outbound loads are correct and direct shipping staff to adjust as necessary;
- General office duties including mailing invoices, statements, filing and other duties as required.
What will you bring?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset;
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a related office/administrative role;
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable;
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel); excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry preferred;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!