Our Surrey Regional Head Office is searching for an Assistant Western Regional Controller
to join our team. The Assistant Western Regional Controller will work closely with the Western Regional Controller to manage and coordinate the financial administration of all divisions in Western Canada by ensuring the timely preparation of month end financial statements and leading and managing the budgeting process. This position will directly supervise three accountants as well as 5 indirect reports and will work closely with operational managers.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Work closely with the Western Regional Controller to manage and coordinate the overall financial administration of the department;
- ensure the timely preparation of month-end financial statements;
- Lead month end close for all divisions; maintain various schedules such as fixed assets, amortization schedules, books month end adjusting entries and assist in the reconciliations as required for audited financial statements;
- Provide support to management by ensuring the preparation of divisional financial statements including the income statement and general ledger analysis;
- Provide commentary on monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, by gaining a good understanding of individual operations across the western region;
- Organize and prioritize departmental assignments and manage timely completion of assignments;
- Initiates and implements process improvement and accounting control measures;
- Assume responsibility for the coordination and submission of annual budget preparation;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Completion of related post secondary education and/or recognized accounting designation;
- 8-10 years of full cycle accounting experience in progressive career movement, in a multi-site, multi-lines of business organization;
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience;
- Excellent proficiency with productivity software, MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Strong skills in using accounting software applications such as Microsoft Great Plains and fleet management and maintenance management software would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management to function in a deadline driven environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with staff at various levels of the organization;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry strongly preferred.
- Attractive base salary along with Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development support;
- Being part of a stable and growing sector in the Canadian economy;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.