An exciting new opportunity exists for a dynamic Sales Manager
who will be responsible for business development activities associated with identifying, securing and retaining potential customers for our garbage and recycling services in British Columbia. You will bring boundless energy and creative strategies that help to build relationships that ultimately generate, execute and exceed sales objectives.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Identify and initiate strategies to engage new business;
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth and retention of current customers;
- Establish and develop strategic long-term relationships with current clients, new clients and prospective partners;
- Develop a sound knowledge of all business capabilities in order to effectively sell full suite of services;
- Drive profitable growth for the territory that meets or exceeds targets;
- Participate in the hiring, orientation, training and development of sales staff;
- Develop annual sales plans and prepare forecasts as appropriate;
- Maintain knowledge and proactively identify competitive pressures and/or changes impacting the marketplace in order to modify strategies and tactics;
- Develop metrics to ensure critical activities and results are being measured.
What do we have to offer you?
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or a related field;
- 7-10 years’ direct sales experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and coaching a team of sales professionals;
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders;
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills;
- Strong financial, mathematical and analytical skills;
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy;
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management;
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM;
- Must hold and maintain a valid drivers’ licence;
- Experience in the waste industry, transportation or manufacturing are definite assets;
- A Total Rewards Program which includes but is not limited to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program to act as a foundation for your Career Development Plan within Emterra Group;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change in the form of continuous improvement;
- Since this is a new position you will have the opportunity to shape your role with a great deal of autonomy;
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to email@example.com; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.