We are currently seeking loader/pitchmen to assist in the garbage collection for the Niagara Region.
Hourly rate and attendance incentive! Plus a new weight incentive program with a potential of $8,000 to $30,000 more per year!
What will you do?
- Comprehensive benefits
- Boot allowance
What will you bring?
- Collect curbside materials from residential buildings, and other facilities
- Maintain daily records of pick-ups
- Repetitive tasks including heavy lifting (50lbs)
- Perform duties in all-weather conditions (hot, cold, rain or snow)
- Pick up refuse in other areas as required
- Dispose of curbside collections according to set policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties
- Safety minded approach to the daily tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Clean attendance record
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills – written and verbal
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Stress management skills
The Loader has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting (up to 50 lbs), pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Loader works in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Loader is handling potentially dangerous materials he/she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection of themselves or others. The Loader is constantly exposed to unpleasant sights and odours.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: 905-336-9084; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.