Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are an experienced, energetic and reliable professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
- Perform oil changes, tire rotations, filter replacement and thorough inspection of all CNG Fleet vehicles
- Hydraulics and welding experience is an asset
- Vast knowledge of vehicle maintenance and perform the required tasks
- Use of tools & equipment as it relates to the job– hydraulic hoists, jacks, hand tools
- Assist with shop inventory – inventory, order as requested, organization
- Complete all maintenance reports, work orders and other daily administration as required
- Maintain a clean & organized shop/equipment work area
- Follow PPE policy and procedure according to site specific
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Ability to work the second shift
What will you bring?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset
- Experience with heavy equipment, small engines or related field experience
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly/heights will be required
- Valid G license is required & clean abstract
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from manager
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Willingness to work the required hours complete the job tasks
- Accountable, dependable and strong integrity
- Familiarity of RTA, Outlook, Excel, and Word
What do we have to offer you?
- A comprehensive Group Insurance Plan
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change