Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
We are currently searching for two Equipment Operators to join our Burlington team. This position reports to the Plant Manager. This position has a starting rate of $16.50/hour.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of a Propane Forklift;
- Moving bins, bales and shipping/receiving;
- Daily inspection of equipment and documentation of daily inspection;
- Communicate with Supervisors and Management regarding concerns or suggestions;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certified and trained to operate a Propane Forklift;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English;
- Must be available for overtime work.
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive base hourly rate and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
- Exposure to unpleasant odours;
- Exposure to warehouse equipment.