Emterra Tire Recycling has an immediate opening for a Tire Grader/Lead hand at its Brampton, ON facility. The position is responsible for the rough grade inspection on all tires and ensuring that the grading operation process is flowing smoothly to meet the Company’s objectives.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Rough grading of incoming tires for potential re-sell or recycling;
- Lead a small team of 2-3 in the offloading of incoming tires;
- Ensuring the accurate count of all tires unloaded;
- Provide leadership for your team by demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behaviour;
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with Company policy, also utilizing OHSA procedures and practices;
- Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the unloading and grading team;
- Other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
- Grade 10 completition;
- 2-3 years previous experience working in the automotive tire industry preferred;
- Must be able to lead a small team of workers and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Must be physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50 kgs.repetitively;
- Must be able to work both day and/or evening shift as required;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the operation;
- Work independently with general and/or detailed instructions
- Perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Competitive base salary with a volume based incentive pay plan, together with a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to email@example.com; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.