We are currently searching for a Shunt Truck/Front End Loader Driver to join our team. The driver will be primarily responsible for operating the Shunt Truck, as well as the Front End Loader on an occasional basis.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles;
- Have the ability to work independently and without assistance while manoeuvring truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet.
- Cleans loose trash off truck and / or ground around truck and container that spills during the dumping process to maintain clean customer sites and safety along roads and highways. Visually scan customer site before and after dumping bin as well as ensuring each and every load on the truck is secure for transport.
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What do we have to offer you?
- Valid driver’s licence;
- 1 year experience driving with licence;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Ability to read, write and perform minor mathematical calculations;
- Must be available for overtime work as required;
- Clean drivers’ abstract;
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.