Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
The Process Engineer will be based out of our corporate office in Burlington, ON, and is responsible for improving our operational efficiency and also is a member of our special projects team. This role requires skilled leadership and effective communication. Critical components of this role include critical thinking, research and analysis, process improvement and ensuring projects are delivered on budget, on schedule, and within scope while effectively managing client relations. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and advance our company’s technical expertise to be a leader in the industry.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Root cause analysis/failure analysis;
- Execute and monitor implemented programs, such as quality control and productivity control programs;
- Create process manuals for new and old processes along with maintenance of process manuals when improvements to the process are implemented;
- Create evaluation programs and KPIs to determine inefficiency and its root causes and provide recommendations and implementations;
- Participate in the development of integrated tool and production schedules;
- Research new technology and equipment;
- Process improvement;
- Other special projects as assigned.
What do we offer?
- University degree or diploma in relevant discipline;
- Experience in process engineering, lean management, 5S, and Six Sigma;
- 2 years’ experience in a technical position or work experience in the transportation or manufacturing industry preferred;
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines;
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft applications, particularly Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work well with teams and provide leadership.
- A rewarding career in a Company with a mission to create environmentally sustainable communities;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role; and
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.