Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
We are currently searching for a Plant Shift Supervisor to join our Brampton team. Plant Shift Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, coordination and effective monitoring of workers and equipment and in meeting production targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. In the course of their duties, the Plant Shift Supervisor will prepare a range of reports through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Plant Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of the plant floor.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers in consultation with the Plant Supervisor
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Prepare production and other reports
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of trades workers, laborers or other workers.
What do we have to offer you?
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- Leadership ability and team building skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with focus on Excel and Word.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or material in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Competitive base salary; comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: 905-336-9084; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.