Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group:
- Competitive wage plus health benefits (medical, dental, vision care, LTF, life)
- Employee discount programs
- Paid vacation and time off
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers in consultation with the Plant Supervisor;
- Be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act in order to provide safety leadership through regular safety inspections, observe and reinforce safe work behaviours, and participate in formal monthly safety meetings;
- Review an up-date MSDS and Chemical Inventory Record annually, conduct monthly facility safety inspections with the employee representative of the JHSC;
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality;
- Provide information for production planning to ensure that production objectives are met;
- Review and authorize purchase requisitions for materials and supplies;
- Train new employees in the manufacturing operations as needed; provide on-going staff training on revised manufacturing procedure such as SOPs, new machinery and safety measures;
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions;
- Prepare work schedules, production and other reports;
- Occasionally operate the forklift and bobcat
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of trades workers, laborers or other workers.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related field;
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills;
- Leadership ability and team building skills;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with focus on Excel and Word;
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles, and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed;
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc;
- Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or material in excess of 50 pounds;
- Must be able to distinguish colors.