Job Title: Swamper
Job Status: Full time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Downtown, Victoria, BC
Are you energetic, motivated and safety-focused person? We are currently seeking Swampers to join our Victoria operations which includes; curbside recycling collection, recycle plant support and general yard labor.
The core of the work will be dedicated to Curbside Collections Trucks. Swampers are responsible for assisting drivers to collect residential recycling and deposit it at a processing depot.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Collect curbside materials from residential homes
- Maintain a record of tagged bins
- Operate truck compaction controls
- Accompany driver to/from the route and the processing depots
- Perform other related duties
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Safety minded approach to the daily tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Clean attendance record
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills – written and verbal
What we Offer:
- Staying active throughout the day
- Working outdoors
- A daily incentive bonus based on performance
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after passing probation period
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week all year
- Working locally in greater Victoria area
- Tuition reimbursement for training including air brake endorsement & Class 3 license
- Personal Protective Equipment (high Visible vest and gloves) and a Boot allowance
This position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.