reFUSE Resource Recovery is seeking an energetic, reliable driver to join our team, immediately. Specific duties include operating cubevans and pick-up trucks to pick up a range of recyclables from our customer locations. This is much more than a driving job, with most time and energy spent loading and unloading the truck. Warehouse work tasks will also be expected. To fill our immediate operational needs, 5-day full time shifts will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (Off Wednesdays), Thursday, Friday (Off Saturdays).
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles (cube vans and pick-up trucks);
- Pick-up and drop off of recyclables from our customer locations;
- Wheeled totes weigh in excess of 300 lbs each – on an average day this position will move 80 totes;
- Lift bags and boxes weighing up to 30 lbs each – average of 25 bags/boxes a day;
- Deliver top-notch customer service;
- Complete related paperwork.
What do we offer?
- Requires Class 5 driver’s license;
- Minimum 2 years working experience driving with required license;
- Must have the ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a consistent basis;
- Clean Driver’s Abstract is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry with local cartage – an asset;
- Must be available to work Statutory Holidays.
- Starting wage $17.00 - $18.00/hour, depending on the experience plus benefits;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and make a difference!
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.