Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are an experienced, energetic and reliable professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow. The General Labourer position is a full-time, year-round position.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- General housekeeping in plant and yard;
- Follow PPE policy and procedure according to site specific standards;
- Other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
What do we have to offer you?
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 -2 year previous experience working in a heavy industrial setting;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Able to lift 50lbs with frequent walking, carrying, bending and twisting;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and follow direction from Supervisor;
- Experience with hand/power tools;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!
- Competitive starting rate;
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.