Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are an experienced, energetic and reliable professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Operate the forklift and skid steer in a safe and careful manner at all times;
- Load and unload outbound and inbound shipments;
- Connect empty and disconnect loaded super sacks from the bag filling devices;
- Weigh filled bags, complete bag tracking tickets and place bags in product storage areas;
- Record bag data when loading on to trailers for shipment;
- Stack empty pallets and relocation of pallets;
- Conduct daily safety inspections on the forklift(s) or skid steer(s) you are operating and submit to shift supervisor;
- Immediately report defects, damage, or safety concerns with the machine to your shift supervisor before using it;
- Immediately report accident damage, or other safety concerns that stem from an accident or you have otherwise observed in the plant or environs to the shift supervisor;
- Carry out simple maintenance such as cleaning or refueling;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
What do we have to offer you?
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years previous experience operating a fork lift in an industrial setting;
- Must have formal training and a forklift license recognized in the Province of Ontario;
- Must be willing to work both indoors and outdoors in sometimes extreme conditions;
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs and be able to bend and twist;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from manager;
- Must be a good communicator and proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English;
- Must have good math skills and be accurate;
- Accountable and responsible to proactively and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!
- Hourly rate of $18.00 ;
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan - premiums are shared between the employee and the Company;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.