Emterra Environmental USA, a division of Emterra Group, provides residents as well as ICI customers with organics, waste and recycling collection, recyclables processing and commodities marketing. We seek to transform the recyclable materials we collect from waste to resources in a way that minimizes the environmental impact of our operations. Emterra is able to process and market more than 500,000 tons of recyclables annually, selling these commodities to markets across Canada, USA, and Asia. By doing so, we are able to create jobs in North America and reuse materials so that we can reduce the need to extract virgin materials from the earth.
What will you do?
- Performs PM Inspections, Pre Trip and Post Inspections.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of engine, electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake, and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer diagnostic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Repair and (or) replacement of any bolt on item.
- Complete inspection and repair of all special equipment.
- Completes required paperwork associated with repairing vehicles including but not limited to, VCR’S, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Performs mentorship/training to lower level mechanics.
- May be required to work temporarily at field locations maintaining/repairing equipment.
What will you bring?
- Keeps work area clean and safe.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
What do we have to offer you?
- Minimum of two (2) State or ASE Certifications in Heavy Truck repair
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty equipment
- Minimum amount of required tools
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and have or obtain a valid CDL license A or B.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to email@example.com; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.