At Emterra Environmental USA, we transform waste into resources and are proud to serve communities across Michigan. We provide trash collection services directly to local residents, municipalities, residential property managers, and waste solutions to commercial, industrial and institutional customers. If you are an experienced Class B Driver interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further!
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule and that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
- Safe and efficient operation of waste collection vehicles;
- Daily inspection of vehicle and accurate completion of related documentation;
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and waste collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders (both internal and external);
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What do we have to offer you?
- Valid Class B Driver’s License;
- Able to operate comparable vehicle type with multi axels;
- Must pass driving skills test and Drug/Physical testing;
- Minimum two (2) year working experience driving with required license;
- The regular work schedule is over 40 hours per week with a 06:30 start, Monday to Friday you may be required to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and Saturdays as required by the demands of the business.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record is required;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Competitive Base hourly wage
- Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.