Job Types: Full-time
Job Class: Permanent
Salary: $23 - $24.75
Start date: ASAP
Location: Victoria, Downtown, BC
Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection and. A key component of this role entails the collection of recycling from residential routes in greater Victoria. Collection need to be completed safely. Drivers must deal professionally with the public while conducting their route. Overtime is possible in this role.
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week all year.
- A four day work week (ie 10 hr days)
- Working locally in the greater Victoria area. You will be home every night!
- A driving role with physical elements to keep you active!
- Earn up to $500 for driver referrals through our Employee Referral Program.
- Health benefits after probation including vision, prescription drugs and dental.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided.
- Safe operations of a Class 3 vehicle with air brakes;
- Safe collection of residential recycle blue boxes;
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Delivery of recycling to the recycle processing facility
- Effective communication with the Route Supervisor and customers; and,
- Providing a professional collection service and promoting a positive company image.
About Emterra Environmental
- Class 3 license with Air Endorsement and an abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers;
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; and
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way - as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste - we turn waste into resources.